What Our Home Services Offer You
TV Wall Mounting creates a perfect atmospheric effect to you and your potential company. People love the sense of organization that comes from a perfectly hung TV void of wires and clutter – it truly makes the entertainment experience.
Mounting your TV comes with a number of things you should identify before getting started. Some of those things include:
- Identifying your wall material
- Size and weight of the TV
- Flexibility you wish to have for your TV
- Preference on wires concealed in wall or cord cover
In terms of your installation, our installers are ready for any type of situation; however, upfront information helps us determine what our technicians should have onsite prior to your appointment! This type of information is collected during the initial appointment call with our call center representatives.
Ever want to sit at home and have the same experience you get from a movie theater? We can provide you that opportunity. As an installation company, we provide a wide array of Home Theater related home services that will leave you with your ideal set up.
Our business thrives from our ability to conduct installation services at a high level. 35+ years in business provides us with the experience and expertise to conduct a complex Home Theater installs with ease. When you book a Home Theater installation expect to be asked a number of questions such as:
- Type of audio system (2.1, 5.1, 7.1, other)
- Provide us a list of equipment names, serial numbers and pictures (projectors, screens, multi-room controllers, etc.)
- Identify an onsite consultation date and time
- Provide us a property or site survey (if available) of your home
- Be ready to clarify questions on your home
Are you interested in further exploring Home Theater Installation?
Quality Audio Visual work stems from the time, effort and organization put into the upfront research and planning required kicking your project off. We request site surveys so that we can document the layout of your installation during the consultation which helps build a road map to utilize during time of installation. Being able to identify all your equipment, what rooms it will be installed in and the compatibility of the components reduces extra steps we may need to take during your install. Just as up front information about your home allows us to understand where fire breaks may be in your walls, how we will need to maneuver auxiliary lines from point A to B and how to mount in-wall/in-ceiling/on-wall speakers.
We prefer to build you a solid audio-visual plan from the time you get into contact with us until the time your equipment is installed, so with Knight Enterprises - your project goes from paper to reality.
Our installation technicians are low voltage/low distribution certified installers. Electrical work can be a daunting task because of the overall risk working with low/high voltage systems, so having an experienced person handle your project is often the best option.
What is Low/High Voltage in Distribution Systems?
When you talk about the overall voltage of a system, there are many points to touch upon. Depending on what reference material you are reading, you may be given multiple different answers, so it is important to define things specifically. The National Electric Code in the US defines a low voltage system as anything fewer than 600 volts. That is pretty high, but the NEC further breaks down this tier by distribution system:
- 0-49 volts – Low Distribution
- 50-1,000 – Medium Distribution
- 1,000-4,160 – High Distribution
- 4,160+ - Transmission Distribution
Our installers work with low voltage/low distribution systems specifically. This includes these types of services:
- Cable, internet and phone
- Home Theater Components
- Ceiling Fan Replacement
- Light Fixture Replacement
- Light Switch Replacement
- Electrical Outlet Replacement
- Bathroom Fan Replacement
We work under General Contracting License # CGC1509331. Keep in mind that when booking a replacement with us is that anything involving out of scope electrical work more than likely falls into the medium/high distribution system tiers which will require a licensed electrician.
Most shy away from hiring an electrician to do a replacement because of the higher cost associated, so opting for a General Contractor instead can save you some time and money.
As people cultivate home’s, property and personal possessions; protecting those assets becomes of paramount importance. Did you know 1.03-3.7 million home invasions happen every year according to the US Bureau of Justice? On average, home invasions cost occupants around $2,000 in assets per invasion. The rise of home related burglaries has also led to the rise in Home Security Systems, and with the expansion of technology in this field, the cost of installing a third party systems is not all that expensive.
Home Security Systems come in a number of different types and set ups. Our installers are proficient in 3rd party camera systems; however, we are working on being able to provide full scale alarm systems as well. For the time being, we only install cameras.
3rd party means you purchase your cameras from a company like ARLO or Nest, and you utilize either ARLO/Nest software or another type of software to navigate your security system. There are home security companies that you can go with that give you full scale home security (cameras, alarms, monitoring, etc.) if you so choose. We cannot install equipment associated with those companies, however. 3rd party systems and software are often times a cheaper alternative than going with a large company like ADT, but the cost and installation falls upon the home owner.
What to expect when setting up a camera installation:
- Initial Consultation
- Provide a list of products you wish to install and their serial numbers
- Provide a site/property survey of your home/business if available
- Be able to identify aspects of your home to technician on consultation
During your consultation, we will map out on paper every aspect of your home security camera installation. This is so that the technician who will be onsite has specific guidelines to go by which increases overall efficiency and limits potential problems during your installation.
General Contracting refers to a number of home services that involve handyman related tasks. Our installers are proficient in a number of replacement services involving plumbing, garage, AC, outdoor/indoor assembly and shower related tasks.
Services that fall into our General Contracting Tier:
- Faucet Replacement
- Garage Door Opener Replacement
- Garbage Disposal Replacement
- Home Thermostat Replacement
- Shower Head Replacement
- Mailbox Replacement
Our replacement services fall within a set work scope. Anything beyond that work scope, the technician may refer you to a certified plumber, carpenter or HVAC installer. Issues you may see with some of these services as well as things you should keep in mind when booking an appointment:
- Research your components – for instance, if you book a garbage disposal replacement, be sure that the disposal is the same size as the existing or that you have room for a larger one. Our installer will not cut or extend your current plumbing pipes which will require a certified plumber
- Make sure your thermostat is compatible with your current AC unit. We cannot replace electrical components inside your AC unit or provide you a whole new AC unit. This often happens when purchasing a SMART thermostat with an old AC unit
- Garage Door Opener Replacement involves the motor of the garage door only. Anything else can place the job out of scope or it may increase the overall cost, like needing to link your opener to SMART devices
- Replacement means replacing the specific component, not the entire system. For instance, if your faucet needs to be replaced, we will replace everything that is in the box with the new faucet. If your current system contains blockages, we will refer you to a certified plumber to replace those lines for you
Ultimately, your replacement tasks should be no problem as long as you have taken into account your current fixtures and components in regards to the new components you wish to install!
Knight’s installer called before arriving, arrived on time as discussed, was very nice, professional, and knowledgeable. The install was quick and spot-on perfect. The installer then quickly cleaned up and showed me TV-mounting adjustments before leaving.See More Reviews
Bottom line: if you are looking here on Yelp for home theater services, save yourself time by just calling Knight Enterprises for home theater, security, and smart-home services.Jay W. - Pro Service Customer